Going to try Django patch for Appengine. These are my problems in the genuine Appengine with built-in Django:
- It is not satisfactory - covers everything, but not enough details.
- Still cannot debug, get opaque tracebacks every time when trying.
- Explained the problem here.
- Flexible persistance and caching
- Too much hacking necessary for trivial things, like cached one-to-many collections.
To be honest, I'm thinking to switch to the full stack of Django with a normal database. Can find less and less reasons to stick to Appengine.